Sunday, March 21, 2010

Spring Veggies Planted

The plot is starting to shape up for this growing season. The peas I planted weeks ago have germinated, although not all of them. On Saturday I replanted some more for the bare spots. I'll have to thin the plants before they get too far along in order to have them spaced far enough apart to grow. Also, I planted celery starts (Fred Meyer seems to be the only place that carries them) and Walla Walla sweet onions. On the down side, the broccoli transplants are not doing very well. Some creature (probably snails or slugs) keeps trimming them and I doubt any of the transplants will reach maturity. The Swanson's-bought broccoli transplants from my neighbor are doing quite well. All in all, the plot is quickly running out of planting space. I still need a spot for green beans in another couple of months.

No comments:

Post a Comment