Thursday, January 2, 2014

New Years

I visited the p-patch yesterday to partake in the annual tradition of eating food and trying not to freeze my bum off. There was a pretty good turnout with a few dozen gardeners. Also, I ended up pruning my hellebore a bit as well as the fuchsia. There isn't much growing right now but I did spot new buds nestled in the hellebore crowns awaiting warmer weather (probably by the end of February). Also, the cyclamen coum has sprouted a handful of magenta blooms. Checking under the burlap I noticed several worms at work breaking down my layer of leaves.

So far, this has been a very mild winter. We had about a week of freezing temperatures last month, and a couple inches of snow last lasted one day. Even the rain has been minimal the last few months.


No comments:

Post a Comment