Saturday, October 12, 2013

Autumn Update

As the middle of October is just around the corner I figured I should post an update. The weather has become considerably colder and wetter making Summer a thing of the past. I have no more vegetables currently growing. The 70sf plot is empty except for mulched corn stalks. Also, I dug up the calla lily and transplanted it to the corner of the 70sf plot. It was getting too big to remain in my main plot and kept expanding.

I also began a new pile of compost about four weeks ago and it is coming along nicely (plenty of worms). I plan to spread it (regardless of completion) in the coming week, adding to the plot in spots needing help.

There is a perennial bulb sale at the UW Center for Urban Horticulture tomorrow. The bulbs I buy (and some from Sky Nursery) will replace the calla lily spot. Also, I need to acquire burlap in the next few weeks to put the plot to bed. Pictures to come as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment