Monday, October 8, 2012

Autumn is Upon Us

As I write this I think back to how great this year has been for Seattle gardeners. The weather has been consistently warm/hot since early July (although, we could have used some more precipitation). The rats have all but disappeared, or been consumed by a ferret in the garden. And, my crops have produced record amounts of veggies, particularly the corn.

On another note, I have planted a fall crop of spinach and broccoli and hope to harvest both before the next hard frost (most likely in late November or early December). I've also planted a bunch of new perenials including: tulips (shown below), foxtail lily, hyacinth, scilla, and camassi. I've removed the summer lily and alstroemeria, and plan to dig up the larger calla lily.


No comments:

Post a Comment