Monday, November 28, 2011

Late Season Planting

Well, I visited Sky Nursery the other day and spent some money on their 30% off spring bulbs. I purchased 18 tulip bulbs (two varieties) and a 4-pack of hyacinth. I found a couple of spots in the main p-patch plot to bury the bulbs (along with some fertilizer (don't forget to feed those bulbs!)) and covered everything up with leaves. Unfortunately, I have no more burlap to lay down and am hoping this winter won't be too windy.

Also, I trimmed back the fuchsia to its base as it is dying off for the season. This plant is getting pretty darn big, almost six feet in diameter when in full growth and tends to over-shadow surrounding plants by mid-late summer.

The broccoli is still going in the secondary plot. I still don't know if I will be able to harvest it before we get a hard frost, but the weather has remained rather mild so far. Keeping my fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment